26.7.10

Blossom Corner


The Reddest Rose
Its nearly the birthday of my Princess who will soon be turning six. She absolutely loves flowers and so it was not a surprise when she asked her nan for the reddest rose for her birthday. Nan of course was delighted to order one (and some for herself ) ready to be collected before the celebrated day. Fortunately the day was beautiful and Nan, my sister, myself and a Princess all ventured to the home of the roses.




Here the air is fresh, the flowers grow in abundance, the bees buzz happily, and the birds watch the antics and eye suspiciously all who venture into their world while, coffee is ordered and secret places are discovered and many flowers are found.


 Its a beautiful place filled with  peace and quietness where we lingered over a coffee and tasty treat. After our delicious delights were consumed the precious roses were collected and very carefully loaded into the car.



Back at Blossom Corner places were designated for the new arrivals, beds were prepared by Nan while the living holes were dug by a Princess, as best as she could. Then in no time at all they were all safe and sound, cosy in the ground of their new homes enjoying the light shower of rain which welcomed them to Blossom Corner.





Hopefully the roses will grow divinely!


5 comments:

Alexis Hallum said...

Oh, precious! I LOVE the first picture of the two roses, it's beautiful.
My daughter is going to be 5 in January...where does the time go?
Happy almost Birthday to your girl:)

Amy said...

What a lovely way to spend a day. I could almost smell the roses as I read your post.

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you Amy and Alexis, it was a lovely day.

It seams like only yesterday my daughter was having her first birthday, now nearly six, I can't believe it!

Becky said...

I hope the roses do well. What a lovely day to remember in the future as you look on those roses.

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you Becky, I hope they do well too especially as they hold wonderful memories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails