23.7.10

Pearls of Wisdom


To Risk
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To hope is to risk disappointment.
But risks must be taken because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing,
sees nothing, has nothing and is nothing.
He cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love and live.
Author Unknown





When I read this pearl of wisdom today the words rang so true to my heart.  I have taken risks in choosing to home school my daughter and the way in which to accomplish this and also in submitting one of my manuscripts to a publishing house. In both situations I have had, and still at times do have self doubt, but I know if I didn't do what my heart and soul felt, If I didn't take a risk my daughter would be at school and not very happy, and my book would not be getting published. Sometimes our risks are small ones and sometimes they are life changing?


Have you taken any risk lately in your life?  


4 comments:

Jo Princess Warrior said...

That is such a pearl of wisdom! I love it. It is risky to love, but it is worth it. Risks I have taken have been terryfing and the most rewarding at the same time - like homeschooling!

Foxglove Spires said...

Jo this is one of my favourite Pearls of Wisdom, I love it as well and I have to agree with you homeschooling is both terrifying and wonderful.

Becky said...

My favorit poem is "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. Many of my life decisions have taken me down the road less traveled, which has envoloved a lot of risk, but I would not do it any differently if I had the chance.

Foxglove Spires said...

Becky I feel the same way, taking the road less travelled, and it is wonderful to find people who feel the same way and can understand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails