20.8.10

Pearls of Wisdom


I want to beg you, as much as I can,
to be patient toward all that is unsolved
in your heart and to try to love the questions
themselves like locked rooms and like books
that are written in a very foreign tongue.
Do not seek the answers, which cannot 
be given you because you would not be able to live them.
And the point is to live everything.
Live the questions now.
Perhaps you will then gradually,
without noticing it, live along
some distant day into the answers.
Rainer Maria Rilke


To question is not wrong and knowing that the unsolved answers we have can be laid to rest give us peace, knowing that in time, when it is right the answers will be revealed. Sometimes they will unfold gently like a flower blossoming or they might be found like hidden messages. 


However, the answers will come one day and in the meantime learning to love the questions will help along life's way.   



9 comments:

Becky said...

Learning to love the questions is an interesting thought.

Amanda said...

Peace comes from trusting Him, Who knows all the answers to any question you could ever ask. He will reveal all things in His good time.

What a beautiful thought-inspiring post, with beautiful pictures to soothe the soul.

Thank you...

sarah said...

this is so beautiful...a gentle way to look at the world and life.

Foxglove Spires said...

Becky the first time I read this I thought the same thing. After a couple of weeks I read it again and that's when the full understanding touched my heart and I understood what it meant.

Amanda when we have laid something to rest by putting it in the hands of our mighty God a peace which only can come from Him is given to us in exchange. This is comforting but not always easy!

Sarah, I think it is wonderful how we all view the world in different ways so we can learn and encourage each other. Thank you for visiting.

Jasmine said...

Thank you for passing by today. I appreciated your comment. God bless you. xox

Paula said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Iam glad that my little story found, has touched your heart. Reacovering and growing is so rewarding since i know how many travel with me. And I am glad that your visit mesnt I could find your blog. Hugs across the pond

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you for visiting Jasmine and Paula.

Jessie said...

Thankyou so much for your sweet comment on my blog :) I'm so glad to have come here today and to have stumbled across these wonderful wise words, thankyou so much! xx

Foxglove Spires said...

Your welcome Jessie, thank you for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails