9.9.10

Fairy Cakes


Today was baking day and in Scrumptious Corner  we decided on making Fairy Cakes or Angle Cakes or Cupcakes?  These delicious delights have so many names, I like the name Fairy Cakes best I think it describes them perfectly.

Cutting the butter 

Mixing!  

Pouring into cases

Cooking 

Our Fairy Cakes
Perfect with

Mango delight
made by a Princess



The lovely little cake recipe
90g butter
1\2 teaspoon vanilla extract
110g (1\2 cup) caster sugar
2 eggs
150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
2 tablespoons milk

Pre-heat oven to 180oC 
Beat butter, extract, sugar, eggs, flour and milk until mixture has changed to a paler colour
Divide mixture into cases
Bake for 20 minutes
Cool on wire rack
Cut out a circle in the centre of the cake and cut this in half
Fill with whipped cream
Place the cut halves at angels on the cream
Sprinkle with icing sugar
Enjoy!

A simple old favourite recipe but one to enjoy and cherish with loved ones!

9 comments:

Jo Princess Warrior said...

SO precious. Loved the photos of your princess baking!

Amanda said...

They look delicious! And so does the mango drink... very refreshing. It is starting to get hot up here in NQ already, so my mouth watered when I saw the drink lol.

Good that your Princess is learning cooking early...

Nan said...

Oh princess those fairy cooks so delicious. And, I must add they taste divine especially with your special touch. I love u my precious

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you Jo and Amanda my Princess loves to bake and sets up her own cafe called Accorn Cafe and takes orders for food and drinks she loves it!

Amanda my Princess said the drink was delicious once she started she couldn't stop drinking it.

Nan I'm glad they tasted as good as they looked, I love you too...

Shop-FMSeymour said...

THank you for sharing your fairy cakes with me. They were delicious!! I love the picture and photos you added too.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Your blog is pure cuteness! Loving that sweet picture on top of your previous post.
Have a lovely evening and sweet dreams. It's noon in the Netherlands. Off to make a sandwich for my two littlest ones... xx

Princess Sofia said...

Nan, I was thinking do you think the fairies would like my cakes?

Nan said...

Oh, Fia I have no doubt whatsoever that the fairies would find those beautiful delicacies buuut they will have to be quick. Oh and Fia I thinl u r the best story teller. I've never read such tales from such a small princess. Oh what wonderful tale u weave. I remain your most ardent admirer. I lUuuuuuv u sOooo much Xxxxxxx

Foxglove Spires said...

Saskis, I am so happy you like my blog, the snail picture is so sweet...
Hope you had a wonderful evening in the Netherlands with your precious ones. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails