15.9.10

A Little Lady beetle


At Foxglove Spires we were very fortunate to find a baby lady beetle on our window sill.  The little thing was so very tinny but also very beautiful.  We picked the Lady Beetle up ever so carefully and then we carried her out to the garden where she would be at home amongst the beautiful plants. 


Afterwards we made a picture of the Lady Beetle for our Spring hangings....


First we cut a four petal flower shape out of coloured paper


Then folded it in half


We folded the two longer sides down towards the bottom petal


 The pointy edge we folded under and then folded half that amount back again.
We left one of the beetles wings flat and


The other we position the wings to fly 


We then glued little black circles cut from coloured paper
and then arranged the Lady Beetles on some cardboard.
My princess coloured the sky, grass and a strawberry onto the board before gluing  the lady Beetles on.

Our spring Lady Beetles.

14 comments:

karen said...

I love lady bugs, what a great little think to make! Thanks for the idea!!

Shop-FMSeymour said...

I love your lady bugs!!

Jessie said...

That's a clever ladybird you've made there! I really love that top picture, isn't it just a feast of colour for the eyes?! xx

Bec said...

Thanks! Such a great little activity for kids.

Amanda said...

I love lady bugs, and the ones you made are lovely... your spring collection of craft pictures must really brighten you day and your home!

I loved doing crafty things with my daughter when she was younger.

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you so much Karen, FMSeymour, Jessie, Bec and Amanda. We had fun making these lady beetles, now they are hanging next to the snails on the wall.

Jessie I love this picture as well, it captures the colours of spring!

Paula said...

The pic of the lady bug is gorgeous! And the paper folded beetles too. Love to these creative ladies!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

This is the sweetest lady bug, my friend. Thanks for the tutorial, will definitely try this with my little ones!
Have a happy Thursday, I'm enjoying my evening cup of tea. xxxxx

Becky said...

What a neat little project. I think Beenie and T.Lynn would love to make those.

Foxglove Spires said...

Paula thank you, isn't it wonderful to be able to be creative, I love it!!

Saskia and Becky this is very easy to make I hope you little ones enjoy making them as well.

I am going to enjoy my breakfast now...
I hope you all have a wonderful day. xx

Jill said...

These are so cute! Don't forget when you find a ladybug in your home, it means good luck! :-)
Blessings,
Jill

Jill said...

These are so cute! Don't forget when you find a ladybug in your home, it means good luck! :-)
Blessings,
Jill

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you Jill, this is exactly what my little princes said when we found it!!

Have a lovely day. xx

m.e (Cathie) said...

that is the cutest little lady bird!
definitely need to give that a try.

Related Posts with Thumbnails