1.9.10

Spring


We welcome the first day of Spring.
A change of season and a time of beginning.

Where the plants come to birth

In the sheltering earth

From the seed they will grow

And their green shoots will show

Then leaf, then flower

At their blossoming hour.

Spring Blossom

Every season I make a blossom doll for our nature table and this season it is 

Apple Blossom

And......

To celebrate the beginning of spring in Spires schoolroom we made a daisy picture

Rolled yellow paper and foil for the daisy with cut green paper for the grass and a wooden stick for the stem

Orang and yellow coloured sticks for the rays of sun

 cotton balls for white fluffy clouds

Two paper butterflies and a little bird flying with delight in the early morning spring air,
dancing around the daisy in full bloom.

May your day be filled with beauty of the changing season.....

6 comments:

Ruby said...

Loving the Spring weather.
Also love the colourful collage!
Have a great day!

Jo Princess Warrior said...

how I love Spring! My favourite season of all. I loved seeing how you welcomed the season.

My lover spoke and said to me,
"Get up, my darling;
let's go away, my beautiful one.
Look, the winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Blossoms appear through all the land.
The time has come to sing;
the cooing of doves is heard in our land.
There are young figs on the fig trees,
and the blossoms on the vines smell sweet.
Get up, my darling;
let's go away, my beautiful one." Songs of Songs 2:10-13

Foxglove Spires said...

Ruby, thank you. Enjoy this wonderful first day of Spring.

Jo, thank you for such beautiful words so descriptive, you can almost see the blossoms blooming. Have a wonderful Spring Day

Amanda said...

Spring has definitel sprung lol! And, today in my town, it is positively gorgeous! First day in a while, since the sun was shining. Hard to believe it was pelting down yesterday...

Beautiful doll you made, and the Princess's painting (collage?) is gorgeous... something to hang on the wall!

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you Amanda, the picture is hanging beautifully on the wall, my Princess is very happy with the way it turned out.

Enjoy the beauty of Spring.

Becky said...

What a beautiful picture. Tell her it's lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails