23.9.10

What Shall We Bake


Who could resist the smell of chocolate as I opened the cupboard to see what would bake.  There was no question  something  chocolate, a cake, muffins a slice or biscuits?.............mmmm

We decided on a chocolate Slice



 Served with a cappuccino which is my delight!




Recipe for Chocolate Slice:
Ingredients 
1 1/4 cups self-raising flour 
2 tablespoons cocoa 
3/4 cup coconut 
1/2 cup castor sugar 
6 tablespoons butter 
1 egg 

Sift flour and cocoa together. Add coconut and sugar and mix well. 
Melt butter in a saucepan. 
Beat egg well. 
Add melted butter and egg to dry ingredients. Stir well to combine. 
Press into a greased 28 cm x 18 cm 1amington tin. 
Bake in a moderate oven for 10 to 15 minutes. 
Allow to cool in tin. 
When cold spread with chocolate icing and sprinkle with coconut if desired. 
Cut into squares. 

We iced the cake with our favourite chocolate icing and left out the coconut as a little Princess does not like coconut.
It turned out beautifully
and easy enough for a little Princess to make mostly be herself.


What type of slice do you delight in eating? .......  
or do you  have a favourite drink you delight in drinking?

12 comments:

Kiki said...

What a lovely post..so delightful..and such a super beautiful recipe..yummy!
I love tea and scones!

Foxglove Spires said...

Victoria, tea and scones sounds simply delicious especialy with homemade jam.

Have a most wonderful day. xx

Becky said...

Mmmmmmmmmm. Chocolate, and coffee (or it's close cousin ). Nothing better.

Shop-FMSeymour said...

Wonderful post and lovely pics. I love my cappuccinos your slice looks delightful :-) I'm finding it hard to think of a favourite. I do adore a god chocolate browney!!!

Paula said...

How delicious! And just what I need today. Spoiling myself and a bit of sweet comfort.

Anakonda61 said...

Hola Foxglove!!!
Mnnnnnn...I can smell the chocolat...so delicious so sweet than you!!!
XXXX

Foxglove Spires said...

I love the sound of all of your favourite delightful delights, thank you for sharing them.....

Becky and FMS, I think chocolate is a favourite.

and Paula enjoy your day with some sweet comfort!!

Foxglove Spires said...

Anakonda, the chocolate does smells soo delicious and thank you for such sweet comments. xxx

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

The perfect combination, my friend. Right now I crave this deliciousness!
Have a happy Friday xxx

Jacqui said...

Well we love chocolate cake here too and yours looks very fudgy and delicious, although I am partial to a bit of fruit loaf. Sadly, coffee does not agree with me, so either a good old cup of tea, or a barley coffee substitute. xx

Amanda said...

Yep, we are chocolate and coffee fans at this house too!

Ana said...

Yummy! Your slice looks so chocolatey and delish...I'm a big chocoholic so I would say chocolate slice would be my most favorite :-) Thank you for sharing your recipe.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Related Posts with Thumbnails