6.10.10

After the Spring Rain


The rain slowly came to an end
The morning sun started to peep out from behind the clouds
Until finally it was shining brightly down upon the waking earth.
The garden became alive,
As we walked down the garden path.


  Everything had been washed and re-freshened from the Spring rains.
Colours were vibrant
As the plants stretched there sleepy heads
Flowers started to unfurl and drink in the rays of the sun,
Aroma filled the air.


The little inhabitants of the garden
Bathed in the sun, they all started creeping slowly creeping out from their homes.
Butterflies filtered and danced,


Lizards laid in the sun.
Bees gathered the pollen once again from the purple bush which now had a velvety purple carpet underneath


where the ants had busily built there nest.
Then
A beetle flew to the blossom


Drinking the sweet, sweet nectar 


washing in the delightful dew.
Suddenly
A little girl was found sitting deep in the garden
Reading and delighting in the Spring sun


May your day be filled with
Beauty
Whatever the weather
Might be.

xxx

15 comments:

Kiki said...

Super-beautiful post..poetic and gorgeous!

Amanda said...

What a gorgeous post Foxglove! I loved the first picture.. that would be fitting for My Secret Garden ;-)

And, I loved also, the last picture of the little girl. Just beautiful!

Jo said...

I love walking through my garden ( with my camera) after it has just rained. Looking for droplets of water on petals, snails enjoying then wetness of the leaves. The air smells fresh and clear and alive. What gorgeous photos.

Tabitha Bird said...

A may your day be filled with goodness too :)

Thank you for dropping by my blog :)

The Unknowngnome said...

I agree with Kiki, your post is Super-beautiful! Great work.

Shop-FMSeymour said...

Lovely!! Lovely post! It's amazing the inspirations you can find in a garden. Great close up of the beetle driking the nectar from the flower too :-)

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Oh, you're making me dream of Spring sweet R. Just a bit, I do love Fall too :D
Hugs for a wonderful Thursday, enjoy your morning cup while I'm enjoying my evening cup xxxx

karen said...

Beautiful! Im absolutely loving spring in my garden, all the plants are having growth spurts and flowering all of a sudden. I love all your gorgeous pictures, they make me Happy:)

Paula said...

Have a day of wonders too! I love reading and "listening" to your souls wording

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you all so very much for your beautiful words which touch my heart and bring a smile to my face.

I hope you have a wonderful day or evening depending where you are! xxxxxx

Tabitha thank you for your visit to my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. xxx

Ana said...

What a beautiful walk through the garden...Thank you for taking me along. Beauitful and inspiring post. Have a wonderful day my dear friend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Anakonda61 said...

Fox...I would be there to feel the spring, walking and talking...(jajajaja...my poor english)with you and waiting for the moment everything is reborn ... dear friend wonderful pictures, but my favorite is the butterfly...Kisseeeeeeeesssssxxxxx

Jacqui said...

So nice to see your spring washed garden - particularly after our autumn gales. Beautiful pictures. xxx

Misborda2 said...

Hello !!! lovely garden, with flowers and people secrets.
Each season has its charm, we just have to know how to use it.
Any day can be great, it all depends on our desire to make it so!!
Hugs, and Happy Day, Laura.

Foxglove Spires said...

Ana, AnaKonda, Jacqui and Laura, thank you for taking a trip with me through our Spring garden and for your lovely words.

Hugs and kisses to you all. xxxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails