5.10.10

The Sea Horse


The moon shone down so brightly causing the ocean to be bathed in a shimmer of silver. The sea sparkled and shone as the stars twinkled in the heavens above.  The little sea horse usually liked this time of day best, but not tonight she was sad, so very sad.
"Why do we have to be different to all the other sea creatures who live under the sea? I want to be just the same as everyone else!" she exclaimed.
"Oh darling everyone is different in some sort of way.  See the stars which you love to gaze at every night, they are all different, some shine very brightly, others seam to twinkle a little slower than the rest and if you were to inspect them closer you would find many, many differences.  But the stars keep shining and twinkling giving light to the world my little one. 


The moon shines brightly and every night climbs high into the sky watching over the sleeping world he does not shine like the sun or twinkle like the stars, he has a different job to do.  
So my precious little one you swim with you head held high, adorn with the beauty and grace which was bestowed upon you at birth, be happy to be who you are special , unique, a shining and twinkling light in our world.
Now little one we must get some rest 
tomorrow is a new day
a day to shine."
Ruth McCarthy(c) 

Remember my friends

you were 

born 

to 

SHINE

xxx   

18 comments:

Bec said...

LOVE this!! The pics are lovely too, a great little story that I am going to read to my kids this morning xx Thanks

Ana said...

What a sweet little story...Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful new week.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Amanda said...

I love seahorses! They are unusual little things and you don't hear too much about them these days...

What a beautiful story :D

Jill said...

What a lovely story. :-) Thank you for sharing.

blessings,
Jill

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you Bec, I hope your children will enjoy it. xxx

Ana, thank you, I am glad you liked it.xxx

Amanda, thank you. Seahorses are one of my favourite sea animals!They are such a beautiful animal it is a shame they are not mentioned or talked about that much today. xxx

Jill your welcome, I am glad you liked it. xxx

The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Hi Ruth,

You have some really beautiful art on your blog, it's nice to meet you! We're following!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Beautiful picture! Thanks for the reminder, I'll try to shine tomorrow! Have a nice week! Twyla

CatherineLovesRoses said...

What a beautiful and inspiring history my sweet friend, you know I love visiting your blog first thing in the morning, as I know I will find great inspirations to help me shine through the day.

Lots of twinkle little stars to inspire you too!!

Paula said...

I love sea horses. They are so intruiging and magic, beautiful and truly inspire stories! Yours is so sweet and touching. Thanks.

Jo said...

We use to have seahorse skeletons when I was little, I use to love looking at them. No idea how or where my mother got them from. They were so delicate.

Foxglove Spires said...

The Cutest blog on the block, thank you for visiting today and joining my blog. It was wonderful to meet you as well, thank you for your lovely comment. xxx

Your welcome Twyla enjoy shining and have a beautiful week. xxx

Thank you soooooo much Catherine and lots of hugs and kisses to you! Have a wonderfully inspiring day. xxxxx

Paula thank you sooooooo much as well, I am so over joyed at your lovely words and that they touch your heart. xxxxx

Oh Jo those sound so interesting, I will have to keep my eye out and see if I can discover some, thank you! xxx

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What a dear story and beautiful picture of the seahorse. Thank you so much for sharing; your writing is wonderful!
Coralie

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you Coralie, I am glad that you enjoyed this story today. This is such a sweet sea horse and when I found this picture I knew exactly where it belonged! xxx

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

What a lovely story. See horses are soooo cute.
Hope your week is good so far, my friend. I'm in the kitchen at the moment, cooking dinner.
Enjoy every drop of your hot evening tea and sweet sweet dreams to YOU! xxx

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

What a lovely story. See horses are soooo cute.
Hope your week is good so far, my friend. I'm in the kitchen at the moment, cooking dinner.
Enjoy every drop of your hot evening tea and sweet sweet dreams to YOU! xxx

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you so much my sweet friend, I am having a lovely week so far and have finished my beautiful tea, soon I will be having those sweet dreams you have sent...

Hope your week is beautiful, that you had a wonderful dinner and that the rest of your evening delightful. xxxx

Shop-FMSeymour said...

I soo love this sea horse story!! and you always know just the right pictures to accompany your stories with! Thank you :-)

Foxglove Spires said...

Thank you my beautiful FMSeymour, I'm happy you like my little story! xxxxxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails